Here are some of our most important packing tips for our 12-day trip to Alaska this July:
- ***Don’t forget your passport and driver’s license! You’ll still need both since we leave from Canada!
- Think “multipurpose” — A light-weight rain coat works for a warm day, but it can also serve as a windproof layer over a sweatshirt on a cooler day.
- Expect rain! Some of the ports have rain the majority of days throughout the year
- Glacier Bay day is by far the coldest day you’re on the ship. Bring a scarf! The wind on the observation decks will get you and you don’t wanna miss hearing the glacier calving off just because you’re chilly.
- On port/excursion days, dress in layers. The day may start off cold and rainy, but end up warm and sunny. Your Travel World drawstring bag is great for carrying unwanted layers as the day warms up.
- Plan to do laundry on the ship at least once! This will significantly decrease how much you need to pack. Bring travel packs of laundry detergent because it’s expensive on the ship!
- Money tips — Keep a couple hundred dollars cash on you, and make sure to notify your bank when and where you’ll be traveling so it doesn’t appear as fraud, otherwise they could have your card disabled.
- We recommend using packing cubes to best conserve space in our luggage and stay organized.
It’s our job and our passion to make sure you have the time of your life on this adventure, and we know these simple tips can make all the difference in your experience!
Now that you have learned how to pack for this trip, take one of the following next steps!
- View the Alaska trip details to learn more and reserve your space.
- View the Upcoming Tours page to see all the tours we are offering right now.
- Call us at 800-965-6232 to ask any questions you might have!